- old type of windows from the early 20th century (and how to renovate them in a way that both the glass and the frame give the impression of being original!)
- cement tiles and how to renovate them in a way they can regain their original colours
- wooden floors and how they look like after you sand and oil them
- "3D wallpapers" and who can repare them
- sustainability options (soral hot water IS possible in Brussels!)
- subsidy options (for respecting and renovating the facade/upgrading the insolation/ installing solar-panels)
I decided to start this blog to share our "know-how", because some of the infos were quite difficult to obtain and others we had to figure out ourselves. I hope it will enable others to renovate their houses in a similar spirit: respecting the original features and with an environmentally conscious attitude.
Enjoy reading and good luck with your renovation!